Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer nail polishes 2012

Even though my last chemo finished in early spring,  my nails are still discolored and quite fragile in the summer. While trying not to wear nail polish often, when I do, I need colors that are more opaque, summery, fit my skin tone, and look good for short nails.
From left:
Avon nailwear pro Decadence
I mostly wear this color on my toe nails. 

Avon nailwear pro Romance
It is a light purple color with shimmer. 

RIMMEL lasting finish pro Gold Silk 260 
My favorite color this summer. I wear it on both toe and finger nails. It reflects my tanned skin tone very well. Very subtle yet very summery. You can dress casual or formal with this color. I also like the brush of this collection which is wider but flatter makes it very easy to apply. 

Butter London Yummy Mummy
This is my very first bottle of Butter London, as I think I can get good quality and good selection of color for the price below $15. I have to say this color fits my summer skin tone very well. This is a nude color with a slight of shimmer that gives a patent leather feel. I can wear it well into fall season. As for the value, however, like my other nail polishes at lower price range, it does not pass the heavy mummy duty: washing hands  10+ times a day.  

Essie Mambo
This is my orange tone color for this season to catch this summer's orange color trend, and is the only one without shimmer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...