Friday, May 23, 2014

October 2013 Dermalogica Topbox Canada review

Hello everyone!

I received this Dermalogica prive Topbox back in October 2013 and I was very interested in trying this brand. However at that time I still had quite a few products need to be finished, and after a few uses of this set I felt some of the products suit me better in warmer seasons. 

Upon opening the box, I was impressed with the generous sample size. Each product lasts least 1 week use so I can have a good evaluation of it.  I was having problem with the toner's spray bottle, plus I found that PreCleanse cleansing oil seems to smell odd. After contacting Topbox, they were kind enough to send me another set with the following month's box.

Here are the products that I received:
lukab0073
PreCleanse 30ml, value $10.1
Daily Microfoliant 13g, value $12.48
Multi-Active Toner 50ml, value $8.6
Skin/Solar Defense Booster 10ml, $12.8

An impressive box worths about $42. 

Here's my review:
(My current skin profile: Normal/Dry, slightly pigmented and sensitive.)


PreCleanse

Image source: Dermalogica.com
Image source: Dermalogica.com
Product information:
For all skin conditions (especially oily). A lightweight Olive and Apricot Kernel-based cleansing oil, fortified with Kukui Nut, Borage Seed and Rice Bran oils, that gently liquefies sebum and oil-based debris from the skin’s surface. The hydrophilic (water-loving) formula enables PreCleanse and oil-based debris to be readily rinsed away without leaving behind any greasy residue. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour.
150ml $52.5 CAD

My experience: 5/10
This cleansing oil works well to remove heavy make up just like a cleansing oil should be. However after rinsing with water, there is still some oil residue on my face. Besides, this oil seems to have a rancid smell in both bottles that I received, which is not very pleasant given that I also tried other cleansing oils that work better and without the smell.



Daily Microfoliant 

Image source: Dermalogica.com
Image source: Dermalogica.com
Product information:
This unique rice-based enzyme powder activates upon contact with water, releasing Papain, Salicylic Acid and Rice enzymes that micro-exfoliate, leaving skin smoother and brighter. Skin Brightening Complex of Aspergillus, Grapefruit and Licorice helps to balance uneven skin pigmentation. Super-soothing blend of Green Tea, Ginkgo and Colloidal Oatmeal helps calm skin, leaving it extraordinarily clear and refreshed. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour. Dispense about a half-teaspoon of Daily Microfoliant into very wet hands and create a creamy paste by rubbing hands together. Apply to face in circular motions, avoiding the eye area. Massage gently for one minute, then rinse thoroughly. For all skin conditions.
75ml $74CAD


My experience: 7/10
I use this powder about twice or three times a week. I keep both my face and hands wet so I don't need to add more water to make it into a smooth paste. After rinsing with water, my face feels softer, smoother, and cleaned.  I do not notice the improvement of the skin pigmentation; neither the deep clean action that a usual "exfoliant" product would do. Probably because I do not use this product too often. However I'm skeptical about using this product more than 3 times a week for my rather sensitive skin. Also, as much as I like the result of this product, the fact that it is in powder form meaning that I can't use it in my shower, which lower my desire to reach out this product.



Multi-Active Toner

Image source:Dermalogica.com
Image source: Dermalogica.com
Product information:
An ultra-light facial spritz that refreshes and hydrates the skin while smoothing the surface. Helps condition skin to prepare for proper moisture absorption. Contains no artificial fragrance or colour. For all skin types.
250ml $45CAD

My experience: 7/10
I have never been a regular user of toners. My skin feels tingled at the beginning, but after the toner drys out, my skin does feel softer and somehow nourished. I would definitely use this toner in the warmer season to replace lotion. However, the spray action makes the toner comes onto my eye area and irritates the skin around my eyes. I need to wipe out the toner around my eyes or keep my eyes closed for a minute or two. At the end, I just sprayed it on my palm and patted it to my skin. 



Solar/skin Defense Booster 

Image source: Dermalogica.com
Image source: Dermalogica.com


Product information:
There's not much to say about this product from it's website. Here are the exact words from Dermalogica
"Add critical UVA and UVB defense to your moisturizer or foundation with this Broad Spectrum sunscreen for all skin conditions. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colours."
50ml $67 CAD

My experience: 8.5/10
This is my favorite product of the set. The cream is surprisingly light given the number of SPF, and has a very light calming, soapy scent. I use just about a pea size amount of the product for my whole face. It first appeared shiny on the skin, but after a few minutes it gets absorbed nicely into the skin and my skin feels refresh and not greasy all day, even under the sun. It also goes well under make up.   




Final words

Over all, the products that I received are not for sensitive skin. They have good contributions to the skin but I'm not sure if they worth the price tag. I searched the products on internet found that Amazon.ca carries Dermalogica and has better shipping pollicies, and for some products, better price. Having said that Topbox.ca has great customer service, this is not the case for Dermalogica.ca. I tried to contact them by email for some information and never got replied. 

What do you think about Dermalogica? 


  
First Topbox October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...