Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dare to bare: spring allergy season no eye makeup makeup

Spring has arrived, so have my allergy symptoms. More precisely, they arrived last Sunday. I woke up with sneezes and itchy-watery eyes. I know I have to change my makeup routine in the next few weeks....until the allergy season passes.


No eye makeup makeup (I did not wake up like this!)



For this look:
  • NYX soft matte lip cream in Copenhagen
  • Me Me Me Cherub’s Blush Cheek & Lip Tint
  • Annabelle Skinny Brow Liner


The major change is to totally forgo eye makeup to avoid further irritation to my eyes. I'm serious when I say no eye makeup around my eyes: no concealer, eye liner, mascara, eye shadows, not even eye cream with strong anti-aging ingredients. In order to make myself still looking alive, I switch makeup focus on my lips. I like lip colors that are lightweight with strong staying power but not drying my lips as I do not want the color smudges when I rub my nose. I like both NYX soft matte lip cream and Sephora cream lip stain which have the above factors.  This NYX soft matte lip cream in Copenhagen is a beautiful rich plumy color that appears almost like deep fuchsia on my lips, which is not too dark for spring (but who says you can't wear dark lips in the summer!?).

Even with bold lip colors, I still need to blushing up my cheeks. This Me Me Me Cherub’s Blush Cheek & Lip Tint is basically a Benefit Benetint dupe. It gives a very natural sheer color to compliment the strong lip color. However working with those water base tints (both Me Me Me and Benefit tints) is rather tricky as it dries out very quickly. Instead of using the brush provided with the bottle, I cover the bottle opening with my middle finger and quickly turn the bottle upside down to get the product on my finger. Then I rub both middle fingers together and work on both cheeks at the same time. I usually do it at least twice to achieve the intensity of the color.

Since I wear no eye makeup, I want my brows to look very natural also with good staying power. I love using this Annabelle Skinny Brow Liner in universal medium to fill up brows.


Also:

  • Drink lots of water
  • Do not dry the laundry outdoor.




Enjoy the spring! 
Enjoy FREE SHIPPING with the purchase of any gift sets. Code: FREESHIPGIFT

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...