Sunday, November 8, 2015

First Caudalie.ca online order and first impression

I have had very good impression of the brand Caudalie. It's a French company (totally personal preference). The products seem natural. The few products that I've tried in the past are very mild and pleasantly scented and most of them do make my skin feels pampered.



I've been a very good girl in terms of shopping skincare this summer as I do have an unnecessary amount of products need to be used by their expiry date. BUT,  then I received the friends and family sale newsletter for 20% off all products(prices listed below are before discount) from Caudalie.ca  and I found two items that I do not have in stock....



Before getting into the products. I'd like to share my ordering experience...


I was a bit surprised to find out that my ordered was shipped by Caudalie USA from New Jersey (but for returning the products you send to its Canadian office in Toronto), meaning this would take more time to transport and clear the customs. On top of that, this time UPS also sorted my package incorretly and resulting in one day delay for my package. So my order took a total 7 days to arrive. Not terribly late for the free shipping order, but I usually received online orders with 2-5 days. 


Here are what I purchased:

Moisturizing Toner 400ml (value size) C$28 

I only started adding toner to my skincare routine since this summer.  I've got a sample of  this toner from Sephora and liked it. I like how my skin feels hydrated after the toned. On the warm summer days, I would use it to replace moisturizer both at day and at night. It has the classic "Caudalie" scent but not over powering. The instruction suggests to use a cotton pad to apply the toner, but I prefer to pump the product directly in my palm and pat it gently onto my face and neck.











Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil, 30ml C$55

Skip the claims of toxin elimination, I do have high hope that this oil would add an extra layer of moisture to help my skin get through the long harsh winter months.  It has a strong scent probably from carrot oil and the smell lingers for quite a while . I use about 5 drops before bedtime without adding any moisturizer for now. The skin feels plumped and silky, almost dry to touch.  I may need an extra moisturizer to see how it turns out....



Samples!

I am equally excited to try these purchased items as well as the samples as two of them are from the new Resveratrol Lift line.

Detox Mask sachet
Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm sachet
Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream Sachet



I'm also interested in the book "The French Beauty Solution". Have you read it yet? 


No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...