Wednesday, November 4, 2015

My favorite mascaras (for thin, short lashes and sensitive eyes)

I have very short and fine lashes with sensitive eyes, meaning my ideal mascara has to volumize, lengthen and waterproof...


This is me without mascara!

So there aren't many mascaras that are able to cling on my barely there lashes and also achieve the above mentioned tasks. Over the years I have so many troubles with my sensitive eyes, I try to replace my mascara at least every two months. To not taking any chances, when my eyes feel any kind of irritation, I would just toss the one that's currently in use and start another tube. That is to say that I mainly search on the budget-friendly mascaras and luckily this is the category that drugstore brands offer products that are as good as the high end brands. 

Drugstore favorites 

Best over all
L'Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Waterproof Mascara


The L'Oréal Voluminous mascaras has always been my preferred drugstore mascara line and  I have used probably a dozen or so of this mascara since I first had it and I always grab one when it's on special. 

Its fiber infused formula creates both volume and length of my lashes and looking natural. Another pro for this mascara is the brush. Over the years of experience I've learned that the comb-like brush has less chance of clumping for my thin lashes. This one of the kind asymmetric brush is great to apply mascara on different part of the lashes, even for catching my tiny lower lashes.  


Amazing staying power  
CoverGirl CoverGirl Super Sizer Mascara Waterproof 


After watching the rave review from both my favorite YouTubers  Emilynoel83 and Bailey B (click for their reviews) about this mascara, I had to give it a try. The lengthening and volumizing power are decent on my lashes but not impressive.  What wows me is the staying power.  I had worn it to swim several times during the summer, this is literally the only makeup left on my face at the end of the day!  


High End mascaras

While I do not hesitate on buying and testing latest drugstore mascaras, I get to experience the high end mascaras through beauty subscription boxes. In the last 2 years, I probably have tried a dozen or so high end mascaras and these are the two that work for me!!


Very good definition 
Benefit They're Real! Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara

Again this comb like rubber wand works great grabbing my lashes without clumping. The seemly intimidating spiky tip actually helps picking up my lower lashes easily. Although it needs a few coat to build up the length and volume, the color is very saturated thence the lashes look more defined. Despite the fact this one is not labelled as a waterproof mascara,  it lasts all day without too much smudging.

I like that it also comes with a smaller size, which means you pay less per tube (0.14 oz travel size at C$16), and this size still lasts me 2 months, which fits my purpose perfectly! 



Best curl power
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara

I received this mascara from Topbox (which I paid for it myself) and at first I was not too sure about this bristle type applicator. However, it is surprisingly easy to apply as the bristle is actually quite soft and wand is curved in the way to grab upper lashes with longer hair and lower lashes with shorter hair. The color density is great, but the best quality is the curl factor. I'm not a lash curler user and this mascara lifts up my lashes and stay up all day. 

Interestingly, it is not easily available in Canada and the only Canadian online retailer that carries this mascara is Birchbox.ca (selling at C$32). Eyeko.com also ships to Canada from UK with free shipping offer for orders US$55+. Eyeko.com lists this mascara at US$25.



One last note
All the mascaras mentioned here can be used as brow thickener and can be easily removed with The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover!



Let me know if there are other mascaras that I must try!!






Free shipping on orders of $45 or more when you use Hudson's Bay Credit Card or Hudson's Bay MasterC

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...