Monday, November 16, 2015

Sephora.ca order with Mistletoe Moments sample set

It's the super sample bag bonus time at Sephora.ca!

The sample bag bonus is probably the most generous bonus throughout the year. This year's sets have one less sample each compared to last year's sets, but given that Sephora has recently lowered the free shipping order amount from C$75 to C$50. I picked three products on my "loved" list and easily reached $50 mark.  I also exchange my points for a Caudalie Skincare Stars Set to go along with my recent Caudalie purchase. Of course each order comes with 3 free samples.  

Here are what I purchased:

SEPHORA Supreme Cleansing Oil
6.4 oz C$18

I ran out of my favorite Muji cleansing oil at the end of the spring and was not too impressed with the Body Shop cleansing oil (a bit too heavy and too much fragrance for my liking).  This one has similar price point(vs. Body Shop C$16)and also contains no mineral oil. It is lightly scented but not over powering. Most importantly it works as good as my old favorite Muji oil: removes makeup effectively, rinses easily, and leaves no oily feel to the skin!

Very satisfied with this find! 






CLINIQUE Mild Clarifying Lotion
6.7 oz C$17


This is a gentle, oil-free exfoliating lotion with salicylic acid for dry skin.


I just finished up the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads and want to try this exfoliating toner at the same price range. (both recommended by Caroline Hirons, one of my favorite beauty guru) before moving on to the pricier ones. As much as I like the results of the FAB Facial Radiance Pads, I'm just not a big fan with the ready-soaked pads in open jar packaging. This toner is very gentle and not irritating and my skin feels smooth after one week of use every night. However it does not give me the glow that FAB Pads provides the night after. My skin needs another moisturizer to get through the night. But in fairness, I use the FAB pads during the warmer months, and the purpose of an acid toner is not to provide moisturization anyway...

Note:the pricier acid toners in my list:
Biologique Recherche P50 W
SK II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion
(Let me know if you have used them or other suggestions....)

Bite Beauty Best Bite Rewind lip crayon set 

4 x 0.031 oz C$29

From top to bottom:Aubergine, Coulis, Torte, Café
This is my first purchase of Bite lipsticks, which have rave reviews of their staying power and hydration. This set contains four deluxe-size Mini Matte Crème Lip Crayons in a red tin is budget friendly and holiday ready.

From left to right: Café, Torte, Coulis, Aubergine
My first impression upon receiving these lipsticks is that the packaging gives no indication of the lipstick color, and the label at the bottom is quite small to read. The application is easy and the lipstick has sweet, citrusy taste, which I find it pleasant. The automatic type crayon adds the convenience of carrying it to travel. Except Aubergine, the other 3 colors are limited edition. The colors are very pigmented. Although it is called matte, it still has a bit of shine. I was hoping that Café and Torte would be good neutral colors that I currently favor to wear but they are a bit lighter shade than I want. I can still wear Torte in the spring time, but Café is just too pale for my lip/skin color. It is already in my giveaway basket for the holiday.

Overall, I like the texture of the lipstick and its staying power, but the colors are probably more suitable for people with lighter skin tone.

Now the free stuff!

BEAUTY INSIDER 500 points gift Caudalie Skincare Stars Set



I exchange this set to use with my recent Caudalie purchase.
This Caudalie Skincare Stars Set Contains:
Vinoperfect Radiance Serum Complexion Correcting (0.33 oz value C$26.7!!)
Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet (0.33 oz value C$10.15)
Polyphenol C15 Anti-Wrinkle Eye & Lip Cream (0.16 oz value C$14.4)
Gentle Cleansing Milk (1 oz value C$4.18)

Total value of C$55.43!!!

Mistletoe Moments sample bag

There are 3 choices of sample bag, all come with the same makeup clutch. I like this clutch a lot better than last year's and will definitely use it.

The Mistletoe Moments samples include:
Fresh Soy Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover (0.25 oz value C$1.88),
Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Push-Up Liner in Black (0.003 oz value C$2.33),
Buxom Mascara Bar in Full & Fabulous (0.16 oz value C$6),
Burberry Fresh Glow in Nude Radiance No. 01 (0.17 oz value C$9.18),
Chloe Love Story (0.04 oz value C$2.47),
Atelier Cologne Collection Azur – Mandarine Glaciale (0.067 fl.oz. value C$2.64),
Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Total V Contouring Serum (0.1 oz value C$5)

Total value C$29.5

Which bag did you pick?!

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...