Monday, October 6, 2014

Murale Get Gorgeous Gala 2014/10/02

I spent most of September sorting and blogging my wonderful memories of my France trip in August, as this was "The" trip on my bucket list. At the end of the month, I received an interesting email from Murale about it's annual "Get Gorgeous Gala" that supports Look Good Feel Better foundation on October 2nd in its 6 locations across Canada (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver). 

Tickets were just $20 and 100% of the proceeds benefit Look Good Feel Better program. Plus the first 120 ticket holders received a gift bag valued at more than $150. What's not to like about this event? So I called the Ottawa store and booked my ticket.

The event started at 12 PM and lasted all day. However most of the activities such as fashion show, guest speeches were held at the later time of the day, which did not fit my full-time mom schedule. I then booked a makeover at Chanel counter in the afternoon. 


Although I did not get to stay longer, I did receive this impressive gift bag filled with skin care samples and a few full size products. Definitely worth the ticket price! 




The makeover was also a nice experience to try out some Chanel products.  As purchase might be expected, I picked up LES BEIGES All In One Healthy Glow Fluid in N30 that was used on my makeover,  also restocked my favorite Chanel perfume. 


I have to say that I'm really pleased with this tinted moisturizer-like foundation. It has very sheer coverage just enough to brighten up the skin and to hold the make up on top of it. After 8 hours of wearing this look, my face still looked as if it was just applied! 




Look Good Feel Better 

Now, back to the main reason behind this event: supporting Look Good Feel Better program. LGFB.ca

This is the free, two-hour hands-on workshop offered at 120 cancer care facilities and hospitals across the country with complimentary beauty products from sponsored companies. However the space is usually limited, I was lucky enough to book a session shortly after finishing the chemo treatments 3 years ago. I recalled at first I didn't feel that I needed this type of workshop, as I considered myself rather knowledgeable about makeup. On top of that, not only my hair, my eyebrows and my lashes were pretty much gone after the 1st chemo treatment. Putting makeup around my eyes would just cause irritation and nothing more. I decided to hide under my beanie and big scarf and stay away from makeup (even mirror) during the treatments. To my surprise, the volunteers at the workshop were able to put on some makeup around my eyes without too much irritation. Most importantly, I felt a lot of positive energy and I had a great time. At the end of the session I truly felt that LGFB wasn't just a makeover, it also lifted my spirit, which in many cases, not the people around me could always provide. 

So please do check out LGFB.caThere are also many countries have similar programs under the same name and goals. Check out LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER AROUND THE WORLD





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...