200g of butter, soften
About 2 cups of icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of rosewater (optional, you can also replace it with orange blossom water or 1 teaspoon of finely grated orange rind)
1 egg yoke
Some flour, about 1 cup (all purpose or cake flour)
150g (about 1/2 cup) of almond powder.
- Beat butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar together until creamy.
- Bland in vanilla extract, egg yoke and rosewater and almond powder.
- Start with 1/2 cup of flour, work the butter mixture into a dough until it won't stick to the hands but soft enough to break it by hand.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball then press it down gently or work it into a crescent shape.
- Bake 160 C for 15-18 min.
- Wait until the cookies cooled (30 minutes will do). Roll them with powder sugar.